You are here
Structure and Mandate
The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care has given us the mandate to:
Be a Principal Advisor
We act as a principal advisor to the Ontario government for quality, coordinated hospice palliative care in the province.
We are accountable for quality improvement, data and performance measurement and system level coordination of hospice palliative care in Ontario.
Support Regional Implementation
We support regional implementation of high-quality, high-value hospice palliative care.
Building on Advancing High Quality, High Value Palliative Care in Ontario: The Declaration of Partnership and Commitment to Action as a foundation, we are developing a network to ensure that the priorities identified in the Declaration are implemented at both the provincial and regional levels. This supports and aligns with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care’s Patients First: A Roadmap to Strengthen Home and Community Care, highlighting a commitment to improved access and equity in hospice palliative and end-of-life care at home and in the community.
We are a coordinated network of individuals and organizations including:
- Community Support Services Organizations
- Home Care Providers
- Ministry of Health and Long Term Care
- Palliative Care Regional Multidisciplinary Clinical Co-Leads
- Palliative Health Care Service Providers
- Palliative Pain and Symptom Management Consultants
- Patient, Families and Caregivers
- Provincial Organizations representing community care, long-term care homes, primary care and other parts of the health system
- Regional Palliative Care Networks
- Residential Hospices