You are here
Regional Palliative Care Network Governance
Each Regional Palliative Care Network has its own governance structure. This governance structure includes the regional steering committee or leadership council as well as other advisory councils.
The names of the structures vary regionally.
Each structure is accountable to the Local Health Integration Network CEO and CCO Regional Vice-President It is the principal regional advisor on high-quality hospice palliative care and helps to inform decision making in the region.
The Regional Palliative Care Network Director is responsible for collaborating with local partners to improve hospice palliative care across all patient populations, illness trajectories, and health care settings. The title may vary regionally. Examples of different titles include Network Coordinator or Manager.
Network Director responsibilities include collaboration with local partners as well as:
- Working collaboratively with the Regional Palliative Care Network governance structure and other partners to recommend solutions to improve the system of care
- Providing oversight and coordination of planning and information analysis activities required by the Regional Palliative Care Network governance structure
- Championing hospice palliative care and developing relationships with local partners
Multidisciplinary Clinical Co-Leads
Each region has two Multidisciplinary Clinical Co-leads. One lead is a physician and member in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. The other lead must be a member in good standing of a discipline falling under the Regulated Health Professionals Act, and may include an Occupational Therapist, Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Pharmacist, etc.
Their responsibilities include:
- Working in close partnership with the Network Director to achieve regional deliverables defined as outlined in the regional work plan
- Providing clinical leadership at the regional level as a recognized leader in hospice palliative care in the region
- Demonstrating in-depth and current knowledge of clinical and system level issues