You are here
Our Executive Oversight is accountable to the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. It provides leadership and ensures that our activities are aligned across the Local Health Integration Networks, CCO, the Quality Hospice Palliative Care Coalition of Ontario, and Health Quality Ontario.
It is responsible for communicating with the ministry on all matters of relevance to the OPCN.
The purpose of the Executive Oversight is to oversee:
- Strategic planning and prioritization, including a performance measurement strategy
- Policy recommendations
- Evidence-based standards and guidelines as the foundation for ensuring consistent quality and coordinated palliative care throughout Ontario
Collectively the partners will:
- Strengthen the framework for ensuring that all community and health sectors (ministry, LHIN and CCO managed) are accountable for delivering quality care
- Provide public reporting on the delivery of quality, coordinated palliative care
- Ensure effective engagement and collaboration between the Implementation Advisory Council, Partnership Advisory Council, Clinical Advisory Council, Data and Information Advisory Council, and Executive Oversight
- Evaluate the OPCN governance structure